Welcome to Miami!
Miami…it’s one of the places that really spoke to me because of Miami Vice, probably the most famous TV show around crime that there is. But don’t take my word for it.
Few Crime Dramas Focus on the Fastest Growing Crime Industry
Miami Vice, probably the coolest crime fighting show ever shown on TV. Although there are probably more crime shows in TV than ever before, very few focus on one of the fastest growing crime industries: cyber crime. Now in Australia, a report last year put the cost of cyber crime at over $1 billion, and that’s just the direct costs. Identity theft can cause long-term economic and psychological problems, let alone the cost.
What Can Happen After a Cyber Attack?
Businesses can lose opportunities while fighting the problem as well as the damage to the reputation. We take cyber crime far too casually. It’s just as important as the lock on your door because the impact that it can have is exactly the same.
What Can You Do?
Here’s some Miami cyber vice advice.
1. Double check who you’re giving your info to.
2. Never use a link in an email to log in. Go directly to the site itself. Email phishing scams are all around the place.
3. Always update your system and make sure you have the latest security patches.
4. Use multiple passwords or a password manager. That’s key. You don’t want to have one password for everything.
5. Don’t log into random WiFi connections. Make sure you know who’s providing it.